Disturbing Complacency: Preparing for Christmas
Not your traditional cozy devotionals for Christmas, this book looks at seven themes of faith: Spirit, creation, Bible, money, nation, Jesus, and resistance. It is well suited for people who seek a basic understanding of progressive spirituality, written in non-academic language.
(from the back cover) Disturbing Complacency does not advocate a 'cosy' view of Christmas but rather urges people to use this season to address some of the most important issues of our time. To do so the author makes creative use of quotes from other sources, interspersed with her own perspective on the subjects under consideration.
- Short, structured readings for each day of Advent
- For group or individual reflection
- Uses inclusive language and justice-oriented theology
- Raises faith questions about contemporary issues
- Seeks to foster a mature, vibrant and progressive Christianity